How Debt is Split and Credit Effects with Divorce
Name: Robin Kavanagh FinanceBuzz
Category: Business and Finance
Media Outlet: FinanceBuzz
Deadline: 7:00 PM EST – 20 July
I am working on an article about the effects of divorce on
credit and debt. I’m looking for financial and legal experts to
weigh in on the following questions:
1. What are the typical ways a court will look to divide
property and debt (community property, equitable distribution,
prenup, 50/50 with property considerations?)?
2. How is credit card debt typically split in a divorce?
3. How does common law and community law impact how credit card
debt is split? Examples?
4. Should you leave a marriage with any joint debt?
5. How does divorce apply to credit card rewards?
6. How can divorce impact your credit?
7. What can you do to protect your credit during a divorce?